Photo by Luigi Diamanti
Here are some simple tips to get you started on healthier eating:
- Eat what's in season for maximum flavour and value
- Eat organic food wherever possible to minimise ingestion of chemical fertilisers and pesticides
- Include vegetables at lunchtime
- Honor meal times - don't eat standing up or on the run. Don't eat in front of the TV.
- Drink plent of water. However, don't drink with meals as it can dilute stomach acid and reduce your body's ability to digest.
- 80/20 is OK. Eating well 80% of the time means your body will be able to handle the occasional treat and indulgence.
Remember, the little things that you do will add up. Your body will thank you for any positive change you can make!